Exposition Art Blog: Wayne Shilson

Wayne Shilson


  " I work in the style of pointillism as did Georges Seurat, Camille Pissarro and Paul Signac. My paintings are also noted for their detailed “realism” which requires patience when painting in this style and is unique.  I particularly enjoy capturing a scene in such a way as to draw the viewer into the scene.
   I was born and raised in Minneapolis Minnesota in 1943. I hold an MFA and B.S. from the University of Minnesota. I have been privileged to be recognized for my talent in various ways including: being listed in International Biographical Centre Cambridge, England as one of the 2000 outstanding artists and designers of the 20th Century; listed in Who’s Who in American Art as well as appearing in several publications. In 1999, I was awarded a grant from Region Two Arts Council, Bemidji, Minnesota to paint and draw an updated version of the Impressionist Camille Pissarro (1830-1903) urban landscape series in Paris, France. In 2011, I once again, was awarded an arts grant (Region Two Arts Council, Bemidji, MN) to complete the circle of my version of Camille Pissarro’s missing Pantheon series from the Boulevard Morland. A third grant I was awarded from Region Two Arts Council in 2013. I was awarded an arts grant (Region Two Arts Council, Bemidji, MN) to paint the 13 bridges of Paris, France I felt was the most unique in appearance. My work is in museums and galleries throughout the United States, Europe and Japan."Wayne Shilson (wayneshilson.com)


Bell Tower' of the Church of Saint Catherine, Honfleur, France.
The 'Bell Tower' was built at the end of the fifteen hundreds.
Painting by Artist Wayne Shilson
Premier Pointillist Painter-53 years, USA.
Painting size is 16"x20"
on stretched canvas. 2020

https://milenaolesinska.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_50.html

No comments: