Was born in the neighborhood of El Cerro, Havana, in 1912. Start painting since early age and at 14, starts in San Alejandro. Having a strong temperament and unable to adapt to this apprenticeship, leaves the institution and starts working on his own. His work was first exhibited in the Salon de Bellas Artes, in Havana. He was a professor at the Paintings and Sculptures Free Studies directed by Abela in 1939. Travels through Haiti, Europe and the US, where he opened an exhibition in the Julian Levy Gallery, in New York, in 1945. He has worked on many murals and ceramics.
His works are among the permanent collections of the Museums of Modern Arts of: Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, New York, San Francisco; National Gallery in Canada; Bellas Artes, Caracas; Milwaukee Art Center; Union Panamericana, Washington; Modern Arts of Paris; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Art Museum, Indianapolis; Bellas Artes, Montevideo; Bellas Artes, Buenos Aires; Instituto de Arte Contemporaneo, Lima, Peru; Museo Nacional, Havana. (rogallery.com)