During World War II Tchórzewski was a soldier of the Armia Karjowa (1943-1944). Between 1946 and 1951 he studied painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. While a student he established relationships with the circle that would one day transform into the Krakow Group, and in 1957 was one of the founding members of this formation. In 1959 he also began working with the international Phases movement, which was composed of artists with a surrealistic orientation.
He debuted at the 1. Modern Art Exhibition in Krakow in 1948/49. Upon graduating he moved to Warsaw, where in 1954 he began to teach at the Academy of Fine Arts, heading the painting studio within the Department of Graphic Arts. In 1987 he obtained the title of professor and retired in 1998.
Author: Maryla Sitkowska, Museum of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, December 2001 ( culture.pl )