Exposition Art Blog: Roy Oxlade - English painter, writer on art, and an art educator.

Roy Oxlade - English painter, writer on art, and an art educator.


Roy Oxlade ( 1929 - 2014) was an English painter, writer on art, and an art educator.
Oxlade is quoted in a 2013 exhibition review:
"Painting to me is like a room of the imagination. It’s up to me what I do with it. I choose its size and its materials – usually canvas and oil paint. At the beginning its relationships don’t amount to much – it’s a rectangle in a jumble of art history I relate to. There would not be much fun in leaving the room empty, a passive – one colour field – a blank canvas. And entirely abstract forms place too many restrictions on dialogue. So I have put in some other stuff, some characters, some actors – tables, pots, colours, easels, lamps, scribbles, figures and faces to interact with each other. I adjust the temperature, open the windows, shut the windows, throw things out, change the lighting."Wikipedia


















No comments: